Some of my friends were asking me how I got rid of my acne. Well it’s not totally gone, I mean I still get one or two during my periods now but comparing to when I was in my teenage years and my transition to young adulthood, my face is a way better now.
My facial experience:
I was one of the many girls who really had a stressful teenage life and thus resulted to an acne breakout. I got insecure and desperate to get rid of it. So what I did I went to a facial salon in a mall in Quezon City Philippines and had an acne surgery but in that salon they called it “facial”. ( An acne surgery is a procedure which removes the acne lesions by using a needle or a small blade and is usually performed by a dermatologist.)
Before the “facial” procedure they steamed my face first and then after ten minutes a lady in white sat just right above my head and started doing the facial thing and since I’d never been to an acne surgery before I got shocked that the woman’s going to poke my pimples with a needle. Take note: It was not a skin doctor who worked on my face.
Afterwards I checked myself in the mirror and I was surprised because my face was red and my face looked like a human version of the moon. It is normal after any acne surgeries but I was dumb and naive that time so it came as a shock for me. After a week my acne disappeared but it didn’t take long before it came back. I went back to the salon again and asked if it’s normal and they said it is normal but they had to do it again because it came back. And so the cycle continued. The acne kept coming back and in the end I gave up and stopped caring about my face.
Anyway, it is not easy to get rid of acne specially if the skin is oily and exposed to dirt. However there are ways to minimize it, either orally or physically. So it’s up to you guys on how you are going to deal with the problem. Mine was very difficult in the beginning since I was afraid to ask my family and friends for help.
My friend felt sorry for my condition so she recommended me to her dermatologist then after a week my pimples were gone and my face was almost flawless. I also learned from my doctor that the “steaming” of the face and pimples before the procedure is unnecessary. Eventually it is just a waste of time and money.
- Eat healthy fruits and vegetables. – You don’t have to stop eating your favorite hamburgers or pizzas but you should balance your diet by eating the right kind of foods too because you are what you eat. The healthier diet you have the more your body can improve its immune system and fight the bad bacterias and infections in your body. Remember acne could be a sign that your body is not responding well against sickness.
- Exercise and drink lots of water. – Water cleanses our body and takes the bad bacterias out of the body when we urinate. And so as exercising, it doesn’t only makes us sexy but it makes us feel beautiful as well. Thanks to endorphins!:)
- See a dermatologist regarding your skin problems and do not self medicate. -Doctors know what to do in case you get an infection and they know how to treat acne right and they can answer your questions. It is expensive than the drop in skin salons but it is really worth it.
- Do a research. – It doesn’t hurt to be a curious cat when it comes to your skin. Before you go to a doctor or skin salon, read first about the clinic or salon to avoid misunderstanding and regrets afterwards.
- Have at least 7 hours of sleep. -Getting a proper amount of sleep will help your body to regenerate the lost energies and take away stress that causes skin breakouts.