I’m one of the few who eat vegetable salad on a daily basis. I can’t say that I’m proud but I say that I’m healtier now. I thank my family especially my parents who were really patient on feeding me green and leafy vegetables when I was a little kid. I know it is not an easy task to feed kids with vegetables.
Some of the people I know were implying that the reason why I eat salad is that I want to reduce weight and be thin. They thought that I don’t eat a lot as much as they do because I eat salads. I’m not surprised on how they associate salads and weight loss, I’m sure everyone has seen the ads about weight loss and dieting. It’s frustrating to explain to some of them that I eat healthy because I want to be healthy and I don’t need to reduce weight. We all know that there are various reasons why people are into this kind of lifestyle, so before you come up with a conclusion ask first. I honestly got offended when someone told me that I don’t eat like normal people do.
Anyway, enough with the ranting, I want to share an example of what I usually eat every weekdays.
- To start my day, I eat a big slice of bread with ham and/or cheese and a glass of milk during breakfast.
- During my lectures I always make sure that I have a bottle of water and some cookies with me (Just in case I get hungry or thirsty)
- I usually have salads for brunch.
- I still eat salads for lunch but this time, double portion.
- For dinner, I’d eat anything (example: meat, fish, chicken, rice etc)
- If I get hungry in between the meals I eat snacks(cookies, chocolates, etc).
Say, ain’t this a normal diet? >.<
Being healthy is not just about reducing weight nor having curves but it’s how you take care and love yourself.
One Comment Add yours
I agree with you. I love salads, but I'm not trying to lose weight. Is it our fault salads taste good?http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com