Keeping a healthy mind and a healthy body is not that easy as it sounds. Sometimes we tend to forget that these two goes hand in hand or maybe some of us does not know what a healthy mind and a healthy body is.
For me, a healthy mind is a worry free mind, a mind with happy thoughts and a mind full of dreams. While a healthy body is a body free from sickness, free from fatigue and a healthy body is working body.
But how do we achieve it when we are exposed to the harshness of our environment?
- It should always start with yourself. Know what you really want in your life. Contemplate. What are your goals? Are you contented with your lifestyle now? If not, are you willing to move on and do something with it? Decide.
- As much as possible keep the negative people out of your life. Do not assosiate yourself with them because negative vibes will only give you worries and headaches. They are only a waste of time and energy. So ignore them and focus on yourself and the people who bring out the best in you.
- Plan. There is nothing wrong with being spontaneous but sometimes planning is the best way to effectively achieve our goals. For instance, planning when to go to the gym and planning what to eat this week and the coming week.
- Make time for exercise, whether at home, outside or at the gym. Exercise is good for the health. Do not make the “I’m tired” excuse. What is 45 minutes of walking everyday (just an example)? Remember, we all get tired and if you are always tired then you might want to have it checked with your doctor. Tiredness is sometimes our defence mechanism against the fear of getting tired or in other word, laziness.
- Eat healthy but it does not mean that you have to cut your favorite fastfood or chocolates but have a balanced diet. Too much of something is bad for you. Remember that you are what you eat. So what you put in your body will have an effect on you later.
- Do not forget to rest/sleep. Remember, our body needs to regenerate after a long day of working, studying and working out. Failing to do so would weaken your immune system thus making you vulnerable to sickness.
- Lastly, do not forget to have fun.
|I always eat healthy on a daily basis, but I also love to eat sweets and food rich in carbohydrates.|
|I always keep in mind that being fit is more important than looking sexy. When you’re fit and healthy, the rest follows.|
|I always take water with me everywhere I go or run 🙂|